Install new natural slate roof and repair chimneys as per materials stamped VCC approved 09/28/2022. Work includes:Ref code HA5Q4X
• Remove existing synthetic slate roofing material
• Repair and/or replace underlayment as necessary
• Install new ¬¬¬12” x 18” natural slate (grey/green), using copper nails
• Install/repair copper flashing
• Install new 7” half round galvanized gutter to replace existing. NOTE: Due to galvanic reaction from rain runoff from copper elements of the roof, the lifespan of a galvanized gutter may be significantly reduced. The installation of a half round copper gutter is approved as an alternative.
• Install/reinstall ceramic or concrete V-style or terra cotta ridge tiles. Replace broken tiles as needed, to match existing.
• Metal cap-flashing on the parapets or chimneys is not allowed
Note: Trash chutes are required for removal of debris from all roofs
Permit does not allow for cap flashing on parapets, chimneys or surrounding walls
Torch-applied roofing is not permitted in the Vieux Carré.